Sunday, September 17, 2006

Songs for thought

The song by the Frays is probably one of my favorites right now, for some reason I just feel like I connect to it or something, but if you havent downloaded it already you should probably do so because it is great.

"How to save a life"

Step one you say we need to talk
He walks you say sit down it’s just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
And you begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you’ve told him all along
And pray to God he hears you

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you’ve followed
He will do one of two things
He will admit to everything
Or he’ll say he’s just not the same
And you’ll begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Then of course there is JoJo and on SO MANY leavels this song is just me. It makes me feel like a stalker

"Secret Love"

Boy you’re so hard to believe
Boy you’re so hard to believe

Just a friend
That’s all I’ve ever been to you
Oh just a girl
Who wants to be the center of your world
But I ain’t got much to offer
But my heart and soul
And I guess that’s not enough
For you to notice me
I’m just a girl And I guess that’s all I’ll ever be to you To you

I try to smile when I see other girls with you Acting like everything is ok
But ohh
You don’t know how it feels to be so in love With someone who doesn’t even know
My secret love

In my dreams I see us both together constantly Why can’t you see
This love that’s here for you inside of me
Ohhh
What do I have to do
For you to notice this
You look at her with love
With me it’s just friendship
I’m just your girl
And I guess that’s all I’ll ever be to you

I try to smile when I see other girls with you Acting like everything is ok
But ohh
you don’t know how it feels to be so in love
With someone who doesn’t even know
My secret love

What do you see in her
You don’t see in me (don’t see in me)
Boy you’re so hard to believe
Why do you show her love
But there’s none for me
Boy you don’t make sense to me
Cause I don’t have much to offer
But my heart and soul
And I guess that’s not enough
For you to notice me I’m just your girl
And I guess that’s all I’ll ever be to you
To you

I try to smile when I see other girls with you Acting like everything is ok (everything ain’t ok) But ohh
you don’t know how it feels to be so in love (so in love with you baby)
With someone who doesn’t even know
My secret love
Boy you’re so hard to believe

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I frickin love "The Fray!" and I especially frickin love that song! So good!

9:01 PM, September 17, 2006  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Tis very good, and I am a pretty big fan. Do you like Blue October cuz if you do you should DL "into the ocean" and "she's my ride home"

10:58 PM, September 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home